Every year the Rotary Club of Gravesend raises thousands of pounds for charity. Much of that comes from its annual sponsored On Your Bike ride thanks to the generosity of hundreds of cyclists. Some of this year’s money, £3,000, was presented to six charities on Tuesday.
The Mayor of Gravesham, Cllr Gurdip Bungar, kindly hosted the presentation in the Mayor’s parlour and presented cheques to representatives of the charities. Each was able to tell those present about its work and what it’s grant will be used for.
The charities were:
- Gravesham & Dartford Phab Club (for disabled people supported by able bodied members) represented by Matthew supported by Marion Keeble. Facebook
- Waterside Parents Centre represented by Kim Caleno. Web site
- House of Mercy (hostels for the homeless) represented by Sisiter Helen Ryan & Karen Mills. Web site
- Age UK North West Kent represented by Nigel Vian. Web site
- Hi Kent which provides help with hearing problems and hearing aids. Web site
- Hive Hope Northfleet (which runs a food bank) represented by Deborah Keys. Web site
You can find out more about them by clicking the links above. The sites will open in a new tab/page.